Do you ever wish that you could literally walk with God for a moment in time on earth? Looking up at the stars and moon tonight I wish Jesus and I could take a long walk together on the beach and talk. I know He would probably tell me everything He is saying to me now, but being able to audibly hear His voice and see His facial reactions would be comforting. Recently, I had an experience that may be the closest I have to that on earth. I was listening to praise music as I walked on the beach. I wanted to know that God knew who I was and that I mattered to Him. That everything I have been feeling lately doesn't escape Him. I looked down and saw the name "Sarah" spelled in cursive in the sand. I was not expecting that at all, and it just made me smile and laugh. God knows my name and knows me. He knows all of us. God loves each of us uniquely. He loves us because we are uniquely His.
Sometimes I forget that God marked out time to create me. His hands made me and knew me before my parents ever held me. I believe that He talks to each of us in our mothers' wombs. He spoke to us before our ears were fully formed. He knew who we would be. I find that amazing, baffling, and life-altering. We are loved beyond our ability to comprehend. It doesn't matter who we are to others. It doesn't matter if the world loves or hates us, whether we are well-known or forgotten. He doesn't define us by other people's terms. His Love is what defines us.
Even though I would love to physically walk with Jesus, I know that He is never far from me. He is only a prayer away. He is waiting to hear from His beloveds.
No comments:
Post a Comment